User can not receive activation/password reset email

paul.liu July 8, 2021

Hi Atlassian support team,

Would you please help check one of our user in your system. He is not receiving the activation/password recover email that generated by the portal.

We checked the mail filter on our end and can't find any email from Atlassian email reach to his account.

thank you.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Caroline R
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 9, 2021

Hi, @paul.liu!

I performed an analysis on our logs and verified that the email you shared with us had a block on the server that prevented emails from being sent to this recipient. This can occur when the system tries to send an email to the user and the account does not exist yet, is not activated, or it rejects the email for some internal reason.

So, I went ahead and removed the block from this email. Could you confirm if the user can receive the email now? 

Kind regards,
Caroline

paul.liu July 11, 2021

Hi Caroline,

That fixed the issue.

Thank you very much for your help.

Paul

Like Caroline R likes this
0 votes
Markus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 9, 2021

Hi @paul.liu ,

You have posted this to the Atlassian community (visible to the world). I'd suggest editing your post and removing the users email as it's publicly exposed. 

Atlassian support can be reached at support.atlassian.com.

Cheers,
Mark

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events