Use Custom Domain for BitBucket Repo Website?

Matt M March 28, 2015

Hello!
I have recently decide to try out BItbucket, in hopes that I can use it as a replacement for GitHub. I wish to use this service to host a set of static HTML web pages, but I wish to use my own domain. For example, instead of using username.bitbucket.org, I will use username.com.

I have done some research, but have been unable to find any answers.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

-xVxM4tthewxVx

4 answers

4 votes
Daniel Wester
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 28, 2015
1 vote
Farhan_Gul April 8, 2020

Hi, 

Any update on this feature? There are only a few threads around that relate to this issue. Even, if I access the pages.bitbucket.io, it says this is not a well documented feature. Any update on this will be highly appreciated. 

Regards. 

1 vote
Jason Gowans (Aerobatic LLC) June 18, 2015

Hi Matt, with the new Aerobatic add-on for Bitbucket, you can create websites from any of your repos that contain static assets, and the add-on supports CNAMEs for each website you create. Details of the add-on can be found here: http://bitbucket.aerobatic.com/blog/websites-for-bitbucket-powered-by-aerobatic.html

1 vote
Matt M March 28, 2015

UPDATE: After playing around with my domain providers settings, I have discovered how to get my domain working! All that needed to be done was create a CNAME file in my repo, and them create a CNAME record pointing to my repos domain (username.bitbucket.org).

UPDATE 2: Never mind? It stopped working. I will just guess that it was my browser loading a cached copy of the page. Sadly, I will not be able to replace GItHub this service. Hopefully I can try the service again in the near future.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events