Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Use Custom Domain for BitBucket Repo Website?

Hello!
I have recently decide to try out BItbucket, in hopes that I can use it as a replacement for GitHub. I wish to use this service to host a set of static HTML web pages, but I wish to use my own domain. For example, instead of using username.bitbucket.org, I will use username.com.

I have done some research, but have been unable to find any answers.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

-xVxM4tthewxVx

4 answers

UPDATE: After playing around with my domain providers settings, I have discovered how to get my domain working! All that needed to be done was create a CNAME file in my repo, and them create a CNAME record pointing to my repos domain (username.bitbucket.org).

UPDATE 2: Never mind? It stopped working. I will just guess that it was my browser loading a cached copy of the page. Sadly, I will not be able to replace GItHub this service. Hopefully I can try the service again in the near future.

Hi Matt, with the new Aerobatic add-on for Bitbucket, you can create websites from any of your repos that contain static assets, and the add-on supports CNAMEs for each website you create. Details of the add-on can be found here: http://bitbucket.aerobatic.com/blog/websites-for-bitbucket-powered-by-aerobatic.html

Hi, 

Any update on this feature? There are only a few threads around that relate to this issue. Even, if I access the pages.bitbucket.io, it says this is not a well documented feature. Any update on this will be highly appreciated. 

Regards. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Bitbucket

Powering DevOps with Bitbucket Server & Data Center

Hi everyone, The Cloud team recently announced 12 new DevOps features that help developers ship better code, faster   ! While we’re all excited about the new improvements to Bitbucket ...

1,892 views 0 7
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you