Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use Adaptavist for Bitbucket Server merge check to see if all commits from branch are in another

Richard W November 27, 2020

I am wondering if there is a way to use Adaptavist Script runner for Bitbucket server to see if all commits from one branch are in another branch. For example, consider the following branches.

- master

- development

- feature/1234-abc- feature

I would like to check if the commits from feature/1234-abc feature are in development prior to the merge into master from feature/1234-abc. I know that I can find the to branch using this 

mergeRequest.pullRequest.toRef.displayId == "master"

But I couldn't figure out how to compare the commits, I was trying to rework the example of merge commits detected on feature branch, but was unsuccessful.

1 answer

Hi @Richard W 

We have recently released the Enforce Gitflow Workflow script for scriptrunner, and I believe it should help you achieve what you need to do.

Even if you are not using the Gitflow workflow, you could have a look at the script and specifically the way it checks that a commit from one branch exists in another one.

Just to add, you do not need to compare more than one commits, you just need the latest one, as its id depends on the previous commits.

Regards,

Yannis

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events