Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uploading files to BitBucket causing some problems

Lucas Busetto June 5, 2020

So im a first year computer science student and we're starting to use BitBucket to share code with our groupmates.

Were using Visual Studio Code and after I make a repository in bitbucket and sync the files with the repository, it only syncs the .git files and not the actual project files. Theres multiple kids in my class with the same problem.

I'm also on a mac using windows bootcamp btw.  Is there something im doing wrong.

If anyone can help a brother out that would be cool.

1 answer

0 votes
Tyler T
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 8, 2020

After making the repository in Bitbucket, have you synced it with your local machine? Are you using a command line interface or tool like Sourcetree to use Git?

Here is an additional resource you might find helpful: https://www.atlassian.com/git/tutorials/learn-git-with-bitbucket-cloud

Lucas Busetto June 8, 2020

hi thanks for messaging back,

So we dont use the command line we just add to source control from Visual Studio. I assume its synced but Im not 100% i guess

Tyler T
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 8, 2020
Abayomi Oladipupo November 4, 2021

Hi, I'm not  good as a computer science student, but I need help uploading my purchased source code into Bitbucket repository.

Anyone with help please

Regards

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events