Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading bitbucket server from 5.12 to 6.5

Nitish Kumar August 21, 2019

Hi,

I was trying to update my bitbucket server from version 5.12.0 to 6.5.1. I followed the upgrade guide. version 6.5.1 was installed in my /opt/atlassian/bitbucket/6.5.1 folder. I tried stopping my old 5.12.0 version

sudo -u atlbitbucket bin/stop-bitbucket.sh

But I got error:

Stopping Atlassian Bitbucket as the current user

No process was found for PID 30773, or the current user cannot signal it

No PID file was found for bundled Elasticsearch

So I followed the community and found out this issue. I tried finding PID with ps -A but didn't find any process then I searched lsof -u altbitbucket I found out the list of files being opened and I did kill -9 <process_id> to close the files then I did ps -ef | grep Elasticsearch and closed the pid from there also, my ssh connection to the server was closed. So I re-connected the server went to the installation directory I tried stopping again to the directory 5.12.0 but again to showed same error. After this I tried to go to my 6.5.1 folder and start the bitbucket server again with command:

sudo -u atlbitbucket bin/start-bitbucket.sh --no-search

It showed me this:

Starting Atlassian Bitbucket as the current user

Bitbucket is being run with a umask that contains potentially unsafe settings.

The following issues were found with the mask "u=rwx,g=rx,o=rx" (0022):

- Access is allowed to 'others'. It is recommended that 'others' be denied

all access for security reasons.

The recommended umask for Bitbucket is "u=,g=w,o=rwx" (0027) and can be

configured in _start-webapp.sh

The current open files limit is set to less than 4096

Attempting to increase limit...

Limit increased to 4096 open files

Starting Bitbucket webapp at http://localhost:7990

The Bitbucket webapp has been started.

If you cannot access Bitbucket within 3 minutes, or encounter other issues, check the troubleshooting guide at:

http://go.atlassian.com/bbs-troubleshooting-installations

but I am unable to access on my ip address port 7990. Help me out with this.

Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
Kurt Klinner
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 22, 2019

@Nitish Kumar 

Hi Nitish

based on that message 

Starting Bitbucket webapp at http://localhost:7990

it looks like bitbucket listens to localhost 127.0.0.1

Could you check that?

Cheers

Kurt

Nitish Kumar August 23, 2019

Hey Kurt,

Thanks for reply. I am getting:

sudo netstat -tulpn | grep LISTEN

tcp        0      0 127.0.0.1:3306          0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN      1575/mysqld         

tcp        0      0 127.0.0.53:53           0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN      941/systemd-resolve

tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:22              0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN      1388/sshd           

tcp6       0      0 :::8080                 :::*                    LISTEN      1887/java           

tcp6       0      0 :::80                   :::*                    LISTEN      1407/apache2        

tcp6       0      0 :::22                   :::*                    LISTEN      1388/sshd           

tcp6       0      0 127.0.0.1:7992          :::*                    LISTEN      1803/java           

tcp6       0      0 ::1:7992                :::*                    LISTEN      1803/java           

tcp6       0      0 127.0.0.1:7993          :::*                    LISTEN      1803/java           

tcp6       0      0 ::1:7993                :::*                    LISTEN      1803/java           

tcp6       0      0 127.0.0.1:8005          :::*                    LISTEN      1887/java

I think it started on some other port

Kurt Klinner
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 23, 2019

@Nitish Kumar 

Can you take a look to the log files, seems like the process stopped ?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events