Upgrading Stash (2.12) to BitBucket Server. Fatal Error: This driver is not configured for integrated authentication.

JonSeidmann June 6, 2016

I am attempting to upgrade an instance of Stash 2.12 to the latest version of Bitbucket (4.6). Once I upgrade the latest version of Bitbucket, I get:

A fatal error has occurred

The following problem occurred, which prevents Atlassian Bitbucket from starting:

• The database, as currently configured, is not accessible. 
    This driver is not configured for integrated authentication. ClientConnectionId:653d7fa9-85b6-40c2-8ea8-be74f8acbeee

I tried installing Java jdk1.8 which did not help. I do get references in the log file to "no sqljdbc_auth in java.library.path". Any help regarding how I can get this up and running?

Edit: Should mention that I am using SQL Server Express 2012

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
JonSeidmann June 7, 2016

Based on the JVM being used to run Bitbucket Server, rename either the x64 or x86 DLL to sqljdbc_auth.dll in lib/native. I just renamed the x64 file to sqljdbc_auth.dll and everything worked fine (needed to reboot Bitbucket, of course).

Reference:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucketserver/connecting-bitbucket-server-to-sql-server-776640385.html

0 votes
G__Sylvie_Davies__bit-booster_com_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 6, 2016

Based on the stackoverflow answer for a similar problem, sounds like you have to copy a *.dll file into your JRE's "java.library.path" which is typically equivalent to the $PATH environment variable on windows.  And the *.dll file has to be compiled to the same architecture that your JRE is using (e.g., 64bit vs. 32bit):

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6087819/jdbc-sqlserverexception-this-driver-is-not-configured-for-integrated-authentic

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events