Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade Git on Windows - Wish Application (PID 6388, closing is required)

CarlBateman July 25, 2020

I'm trying to update Git on Windows and get the warning

Upgrade Git on Windows - Wish Application (PID 6388, closing is required)

but have no idea how to close it. It's not listed in Task Manager.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
CarlBateman July 26, 2020

I found the Wish Application under the Users tab in Task Manager and ended it there.

WishApp.gif

Michel May 6, 2023

it works on my end, Thanks

0 votes
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 25, 2020

Hi @CarlBateman,

Two options for finding out what that is (when using either option I recommend opening it as administrator to ensure you have access to view system processes as well)

1) Open a command Prompt and type 'tasklist' this "should" display a list of all running processes and their associated PIDs

2) Open a PowerShell window and run "Get-Process" this should so the same thing but for me appears to be more verbose.  You can also pass the -Id parameter to search for a specific process by ID  (i.e. 'Get-Process -Id 6388')which might be helpful in your particular situation.

I hope that helps you figure out what process is blocking the upgrade.

-Jimmy

CarlBateman July 26, 2020

Thanks for the suggestions. I was able to fix it in the end (see elsewhere), but was too busy to post the fix.

Like Jimmy Seddon likes this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 26, 2020

I'm glad you were able to resolve the issue.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events