Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updated my password and enabled two-factor authentication on my account, now I can't push

cirris_kevin_andres February 5, 2019

I enabled two-factor authentication on my account today, and then updated my password.  Shortly after, the "Git Credential Manager for Windows" window pops up asking me to enter my credentials for "https://bitbucket.org".  So, I enter in the email I use to log in and enter my new password, but the box just keeps popping back up.  So I then enter my Bitbucket username with the same password, and it doesn't work.

I know my password works correctly.  I have it stored in a password manager, and when I copy the password to my clipboard and paste it into the Bitbucket website it allows me to log on.  Am I missing something here?  Does my Bitbucket username have a separate password or something?  On SourceTree, if I try to verify with OAuth, it works just fine, but if I attempt to push my code up, I get a 403 Forbidden error code.

Any help is appreciated.

1 answer

0 votes
cirris_kevin_andres February 5, 2019

So I disabled two-factor authentication, and now everything works.  Seems like a bug.

jredmond
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 6, 2019

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events