Hello, I've updated bb server to 7.1.0 (windows) and I can't make a push. On the client side process seems running forever.
C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\Android>git push --verbose
Pushing to https://XXXXXX.git
Enumerating objects: 181, done.
Counting objects: 100% (142/142), done.
Delta compression using up to 4 threads
Compressing objects: 100% (98/98), done.
Writing objects: 100% (101/101), 50.97 KiB | 1.96 MiB/s, done.
Total 101 (delta 31), reused 0 (delta 0), pack-reused 0
POST git-receive-pack (52353 bytes)
On the server side I've noticed the following error and also an always running git-http-backend.exe process causing high cpu load.
2020-03-30 20:10:46,072 ERROR [https-jsse-nio-7990-exec-3] admin @1C78VOBx1206x3x0 220.127.116.11 "POST /scm/EUR/Myrepository.git/git-receive-pack HTTP/1.1" c.a.s.i.s.g.p.h.GitSmartExitHandler EUR/myrepository: Write request from 18.104.22.168 failed: com.atlassian.utils.process.ProcessException: Non-zero exit code: 1
I've tried from 3 different clients with the same result. Can someone help me?
Can you confirm whether your Bitbucket Server is configured with SSL or without? (Having an HTTPS URL where SSL is terminated at a load balancer doesn't count; I'm specifically interested in whether you're using an SSL connector configuration on Bitbucket Server/Tomcat.)
It's probably worth creating a support ticket so we can work with you more directly to gather information and troubleshoot the issue.
Do you know what version of Git is installed on the server, and on the client(s) making requests that fail? (Nevermind the SSL question; you already answered it above.)
We've received several support cases for this issue recently, and we've been investigating it internally. We've created BSERV-12285 to track the issue, and based on what we've been able to reproduce so far we believe the root cause is a regression in Tomcat 9.0.31. Since this appears to be caused by a bug in Tomcat, there's no workaround for the issue. We're working on releasing Bitbucket Server 7.1.1 with Tomcat 9.0.33, which includes a fix for the regression and which we believe will resolve this issue.
Why didn't you pull this version off of the available releases? We just upgraded this past Friday to 7.1.0 completely unaware of showstopper CPU load issues.
This morning we already had to add CPU's to the VM, and RAM. This is a very poor customer communication -- you were supposed to warn all your license payers of this show stopper immediately when you have learned about it.
Can you share how you came to download 7.1.0 instead of 7.1.1? The download page defaults to the newest release, which is 7.1.1. Since 7.1.1 was released, the only way to download 7.1.0 would be to do so explicitly. If the download page was still defaulting to 7.1.0 when you downloaded it, that means 7.1.1 with the fix was not yet available.
(Note: I'm not challenging anything you've written. I just want to clarify how you ended up downloading 7.1.0 instead of 7.1.1.)
We are excited to announce the open beta program for self-hosted runners. Bitbucket Pipelines Runners is available to everyone. Please try it and let us know your feedback. If you have any issue...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events