Unable to start up the Elasticsearch service with a dedicated user

Harry Cai January 6, 2022

I installed Bitbucket Server v7.17.4 and its bundled ElasticSearch on a Windows Server.  I have created the Windows Services "BITBUCKET" and "BITBUCKET_SEARCH" for them and set them Log On as a dedicated user account.  This user account has been set as a member of the Performance Monitor Users group by following the description in https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucketserver0717/running-bitbucket-server-with-a-dedicated-user-1087536615.html.  This user account has "Full Control" on the Bitbucket Server install directory and home directory.

I can start up the service "BITBUCKET" but not "BITBUCKET_SEARCH".  In the System Event Logs, I got this error event:

Log Name: System
Source: Service Control Manager
Date: 7/01/2022 12:55:57 PM
Event ID: 7024
Task Category: None
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: myserver.mydomain.local
Description:
The Atlassian Bitbucket Elasticsearch 7.10.2 (BITBUCKET_SEARCH) service terminated with the following service-specific error:
Incorrect function.

If I change the "BITBUCKET_SEARCH" service "Log on as" to "Local System account", instead of my dedicated user account, it can be started up successfully and working fine with Bitbucket.

I have been experiencing this problem in previous versions of Bitbucket.  How to resolve this problem and run "BITBUCKET_SEARCH" service with a dedicated user?

0 answers

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events