Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to send the email invitation to new user: igal_strashinsky@belk.com

Deleted user December 8, 2020

HI Team,

One of my team member joined recently (igal_strashinsky@belk.com) and we are trying to add him in bit bucket but none of the invitations are going to him.

Hope there is no bounce on their email address, if yes, please remove it as we need to add the user into bitbucket ASAP.

1 answer

1 vote
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 9, 2020

Hi @[deleted] ,

There was indeed a hard bounce event for this email. I went ahead and removed it, could you please try sending the invitation one more time now?

A new invitation needs to be sent, as the previous ones were dropped.

Please feel free to let me know if things are ok now and if you need anything further.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Deleted user December 9, 2020

This bounce issue is happening frequently now a days and every time we have to reach out to Atlassian support which to resolve and get response takes time and impacts development team's time.

How do we avoid this.

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 9, 2020

Hi @[deleted]  ,

A hard bounce is created when we try to send an email, but the recipient email server notifies us that the email we try to send cannot be delivered.

For the specific email you gave us in this question, the message that came as reason for the hard bounce was

Recipient address was suppressed due to customer policy

which indicates that either the recipient email address didn't exist when we tried to send another email in the past, or that the user clicked the list-unsubscribe header, or that the user clicked one of Atlassian emails and flagged it as spam.

You mention that the issue occurs frequently these days, does it occur with new team members that you invite?

If so, the most likely reason would be that an invitation gets sent before the email account is operational, which would result in a hard bounce and any subsequent invitations to get dropped.

In this case, my suggestion would be to send an invitation after you ensure that the email account of a new team member is operational.

If this occurs again, I would suggest opening a ticket with the support team via https://support.atlassian.com/contact/ and select "Level 1" priority, to ensure you get a faster response during your work hours.

That being said, I understand that there is room for improvement here, e.g. we could show a notification when there is an issue with sending an invitation or allow users to accept invitations from Bitbucket UI.

We do have feature requests for both that I would suggest you vote for and leave any feedback, if you believe they may be useful to you:

Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events