I have been using bitucket server user and recently an external vendor had setup a repository on bitbucket cloud.
I am having issues ever since.
Using Linux machines with http_proxy,https_proxy variables set.
1) I am able to clone a public repository, but unable to push anything to it.
When pushing I get password prompt and then the error.
Password for 'https://email@example.com':
I entered the password ( I made sure I am entering the correct password)
fatal: Authentication failed for 'https://firstname.lastname@example.org/myid/testpublicrepo.git/'
2) When I try to clone a private repository, I am getting same error
fatal: Authentication failed for 'https://email@example.com/myid/testrepopvt.git/'
Things I have tried:
1) I tried curl -L bitbucket.org and responses are coming.
2) I have entered 22.214.171.124 bitbucket.org in /etc/hosts file.
3) I tried repeating these steps on a repository in bitbucket server and it works like a charm. Here also password is prompted during clone and push operation, but works fine when i enter the password.
git config --global user.name "Username"
git config --global user.email "My Email Id"
git clone http://user@bitucketserver:7990/scm/jen/test.git
git add --all
git commit -m "Initial Commit"
git remote add origin http://user@bitucketserver:7990/scm/jen/test.git
git push -u origin master
I asked elsewhere, but are you certain that the proxy isn't stripping the Authorization header? That would explain why you can clone, but not push to, public repos, and why you can't interact at all with private repos. Your proxy may also only affect traffic leaving your local network, which would explain why your Bitbucket Server instance is unaffected.
Is SSH an option here?
Hello! My name is Mark Askew and I am a Premier Support Engineer for products Bitbucket Server/Data Center, Fisheye & Crucible. Today, I want to bring the discussion that Jennifer, Matt, and ...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs