Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to leave abandoned workspace

MikeyAlder May 25, 2023

Hi,

I'm trying to remove myself from an abandoned workspace I belonged to. I use the management screen to confirm I want to leave and get a success message, but I still see the workspace listed.

It's annoying as my account seems to default to viewing this workspace on login.

I've noticed on some other posts that technical support has refreshed something in the background to rectify the issue. Does anyone know how to complete this action on Bitbucket's free cloud version?

Thanks in advanced :-)

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 26, 2023

Hi Mikey,

I can see in our system that your Bitbucket Cloud account has access to a few workspaces. I've tried to sync permissions for all workspaces listed for your account, but your user still shows as a member of all of them.

Can you see the workspace you tried to leave on this page?

If so, can you click on the name of the workspace to open it, then look at its workspace id in the URL (the workspace id is what comes after https://bitbucket.org/), and let me know the first two or last two letters of this id?

Kind regards,
Theodora

MikeyAlder June 9, 2023

Hi, The first two letters are "da".

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 12, 2023

Hi Mikey,

Thank you for the info. I could see this workspace listed for your user, but I used the wrong option for syncing last week. I tried today syncing a different way, and this workspace is no longer listed in your workspaces. Can you please confirm if it no longer shows here for you? 

Kind regards,
Theodora

MikeyAlder June 17, 2023

Hi Theodora,

The old workspace has now disappeared. Thanks so much for your help!

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
June 19, 2023

That's good to hear, thank you for the update!

Please feel free to reach out if you ever need anything else!

derdigitalist
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 11, 2024

Hi,

i have exactly the same issue with my account.

Could you help me with that too?

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
January 12, 2024

Hi @derdigitalist

I synced workspace membership for the workspaces you have access to and one of them no longer shows in your workspace list. Is the issue resolved now?

Kind regards,
Theodora

derdigitalist
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 12, 2024

Now it seems to work. Thank you very much!

Like Theodora Boudale likes this
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
January 12, 2024

That's good to hear and you are very welcome!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events