Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to import repository from self hosted Gitea

Sachin Patil
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 2, 2022

I have self hosted Gitea server, from where cloning repositories on my local machine is working fine. But while importing Gitea repository to Bitbucket I am getting below error message.

"fatal: unable to access 'https:***.git/': Received HTTP code 403 from proxy after CONNECT
07:07:23 Remote Git clone failed: <class 'bitbucket.apps.asyncx.tasks.ImportException'>: Command failed. Return value: 128Screenshot_3.png

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 4, 2022

Welcome to the community!

Your local machine is using ssh to connect to the git repositories, but Bitbucket uses HTTPS, and the proxy between Bitbucket and the git server is not configured to allow that, or Gitea is not configured to support it.

Sachin Patil
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 5, 2022

Thank you Nic,

On local machine I am using HTTPS to clone repository.

Also I have imported my Gitea repository to https://try.gitea.io site and it's perfectly imported.

Can you please let me know what proxy need to configure and where this need to be done.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 5, 2022

I don't know where your proxy is, or even if there is one.  All I can tell you is that the error message says there is one between you and Gitea and it's not configured to allow you through from Bitbucket Cloud.  The message you are getting may not be from a proxy, it may be Gitea itself.  Either way, the proxy or Gitea are configured not to allow Bitbucket Cloud in.  It could well be as simple as the wrong credentials for the proxy or Gitea 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events