Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to edit bitbcuket-pipelines.yml in Bitbucket

Andy Furniss July 1, 2019

I have created a bitbcuket-pipelines.yml and committed and push this in my root directory. When making changes in my repository, my build is triggered so no issues there. The problem is that when I click the 'Configure bitbucket-pipelines.yml' button on the 'Pipeline settings' screen, I just get taken to a page that says "Hooray! You've successfully set up pipelines"...

image.png

image.png

I can see in the developer tools that the call to fetch the YAML file from my master branch returned a 404 so I think there is something wrong behind the scenes with Bitbucket. I 100% have a bitbucket-pipelines.yml file in the root of my repository by the way.

2 answers

0 votes
Alan Andres Haro July 19, 2021

I'm getting exactly the same issue right now.

0 votes
Daniel Santos
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 12, 2019

Hi @Andy Furniss

I was trying to reproduce this scenario and I was able to do it with by either removing the pipelines file or renaming it with different caps like Bitbucket-pipelines.yml (capital "B"). It could be any change that makes the file different from bitbucket-pipelines.yml which is the right name for it.

Can you confirm the file name is exactly bitbucket-pipelines.yml ?

The problem you are facing might not be exactly the same since I get a 403, not a 404.

I'm just wondering if it could be the same issue.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events