Unable to connect to SVN repository

Using SVN 1.4.2 and FishEye 2.8.1

When I add a repo and try to "Test Connection", I receive the following error:

Unable to get info for the repository root for [Repo Name] connect timed out

and also:

Unable to get Repository Root URL for [Repo Name]:https://repository.xxxx.com/xxx/xxx/

Exception getting FishEye access control connect timed out

If I add the repo anyway, and then attempt to enable and start it, I receive this error:

Unable to initialise repository [Repo Name] due to com.cenqua.fisheye.config.ConfigException:Could not access ...

org.tigris.subversion.javahl.ClientException: svn: E175002: timed out waiting for server svn: E175002: PROPFIND request failed on ...

Help? :c

1 answer

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

All the errors seem to have the same root cause which looks to be that the Subversion server is not responding when FishEye attempts to connect to it.

One thing to try, when logged in as the user which is used to run FishEye, is to see if you can connect to the svn repository using a command like

svn info https://repository.xxxx.com/xxx/xxx/

I'd double check for typos in the configured URL, etc.

BTW, I assume you meant FishEye 2.8.1 and not 1.8.1

Logged into my Fisheye server, 'svn info' returns an error: "could not connect to server"

I can't even ping the SVN server from there.

I know the SVN server is up and functioning, I can reach them via browser and committing works. What might this mean?

Hi Zach.

Maybe there is a firewall blocking the connection - can be a outgoing rule from the FishEye Server or a incoming rule in the SVN Server.

Another valid test would be trying to ping the svn server (or even trying to run the svn info command) from another host inside your network - to see if the connection is blocked or not.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

You were right, it ended up being a DNS issue with my Fisheye server, thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Aug 21, 2018 in Bitbucket

Branch Management with Bitbucket

As a project manager, I have discovered that different developers want to bring their previous branching method with them when they join the team. Some developers are used to performing individual wo...

1,218 views 8 11
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you