Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to clone git repo - remote: Can't locate IO/Socket.pm:

kanagaraj pandian p s June 2, 2023

Currently our bitbucket server is hosted on RHEL 8.7. We started getting the issue as we upgraded from RHEL 7.9 to RHEL 8.7. When I am trying to clone git repo from our bitbucket server, I am getting the below error:

$ git clone -v https://bitbucket.com/scm/pythoncode.git
Cloning into 'pythoncode'...
POST git-upload-pack (185 bytes)
POST git-upload-pack (212 bytes)
remote: Can't locate IO/Socket.pm: /usr/local/lib64/perl5/IO/Socket.pm: Permission denied at /appbin/atlassian/application-data/bitbucket/bin/git-hooks/hook-callback.pl line 15.
remote: BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /appbin/atlassian/application-data/bitbucket/bin/git-hooks/hook-callback.pl line 15.
remote: aborting due to possible repository corruption on the remote side.
fatal: early EOF
fatal: fetch-pack: invalid index-pack output

Can you please let me know how this issue can be resolved?

1 answer

0 votes
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 2, 2023

The error suggests that the repositories on the server-side are broken. I mean the  bare repositories that are in the filesystem of the server that runs Bitbucket.

You should check if the /application-data directory in the Bitbucket home was moved correctly.

kanagaraj pandian p s June 2, 2023

Hi @Aron Gombas _Midori_ , thanks for the reply.

Can you please elaborate on the '/application-data directory in the Bitbucket home was moved correctly.'? I am not able to understand clearly as we have done the OS update and not bitbucket update.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events