Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to clone Repo with warning could not find UI helper 'Atlassian.Bitbucket.UI'

Balasri sai chandana February 8, 2023

When trying to clone the repository from GIT BASH in my local directory it is showing the warning as follows with the repository folder name being created alone without the project files in it

warning: could not find UI helper 'Atlassian.Bitbucket.UI'

what exactly the issue for this?

1 answer

0 votes
Patrik S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 9, 2023

Hello @Balasri sai chandana ,

Looks like this was an issue introduced in git for Windows v2.39.0, where the Git Credential manager included in that version was facing issues finding the UI helper that is prompted for the user to select the authentication method and to put the credentials.

I would suggest trying to download the latest version (2.39.1 by the time I write this message) from the link below : 

You can uninstall git from your system and install the new version from the link above, as it should contain the fix.

Let me know in case you have any questions.

Thank you, @Balasri sai chandana !

Patrik S

Balasri sai chandana February 14, 2023

Hi @Patrik S 

Thank you for response

Able to clone the repo using ssh feature.

More than a issue it kind of seems a secure feature for companies who uses bitbucket may be which is where I had that warning!!

On my personal ID in bitbucket - able to clone the repo as Atlassian authentication done for first time of cloning into repo

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events