Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to build pipeline due to missing file and plugin issue

scrollbart March 8, 2022

Could someone help me with this error? I'm building an Android project with the default Android pipelines yml on a existing project and I am getting this error. When creating a new project everything seems to work, but this existing project is keep giving me this error. 

3 answers

1 vote
Vijith Menon March 18, 2022

We got the same error, it was due to a plugin we added.

'com.google.android.libraries.mapsplatform.secrets-gradle-plugin'

screenshot (1).png

We weren't really using it, so removing it fixed the issue for us.

Dimitris Kotronis March 19, 2022

Same here, I was not using the lib yes and removing it solved the problem. However in case someone wants to use the plugin I am not sure how it's done.

Like Oluwasegun Ilori likes this
Oluwasegun Ilori July 4, 2022

I have this issue and I need to use the library

Akhunzaada September 22, 2022

To fix the issue with secrets-gradle-plugin, simply add a local.defaults.properties file to your source control with all the keys assigned with safe default values. Configure the created file in your module's gradle file as:

secrets {
    defaultPropertiesFileName = 'local.defaults.properties'
}

Please refer to the documentation for more.

0 votes
scrollbart March 11, 2022

Hey Norbert,

The file is indeed not there (also not in the project that is working though). Doesn't bitbucket add this directory when cloning it itself (so it makes sense it's not there in my local project)?

Cheers,

Bart 

Norbert C
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 11, 2022

Hi Bart,

Thank you for your reply.

Basically how Pipeline works is that it clones the content of your repository in the "/opt/atlassian/pipelines/agent/build" directory. 

Can you let me know whether if the "local.properties" file is there in your repository's root directory? 

Best Regards,
Norbert
Atlassian Bitbucket Cloud Support

scrollbart March 11, 2022

Hi Norbert,

Yes the file is there (in both the working project and the not working) 

scrollbart March 18, 2022

Hi @Norbert C ,

Do you have any idea what else I can try?

Cheers,

Bart

Norbert C
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 21, 2022

Hi @scrollbart 

Please excuse me for the late reply. Unfortunately I'm not really familiar with building Android projects with Pipelines. Can you try to debug this issue locally using Docker as it's mentioned in this documentation?

This way we can verify whether if this is a Bitbucket Pipelines or a build issue.

Also would it be possible for you to try @Vijith Menonsuggestion? Does Vijith's workaround works for you?

Please let me know.

Best Regards,
Norbert

0 votes
Norbert C
Atlassian Team
March 10, 2022

Hi @scrollbart 

Thank you for contacting Atlassian Community, my name is Norbert and I'm a Bitbucket Cloud Support Engineer, it's nice to meet with you! Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Based on the error message, the "/opt/atlassian/pipelines/agent/build/local.properties" file can't be found, once you're trying to do the build.

To verify if the file is there or not, can you run the following command and give me the output?

ls -lthra /opt/atlassian/pipelines/agent/build/local.properties

I'm looking forward to hear from you.

Best Regards,
Norbert

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events