Unable to add users to any repository?

Валерьевич May 22, 2019

Hi, I've been using bitbucket cloud for years.

I'm currently unable to add a user to any of my repositories. When I begin typing a user's alias into the search field, nobody is found regardless of the input.

Typing a user's full tag (copypasting from profile page url) and pressing Add also results in failure.

In the network tab I can see the requests for a user list getting 200 responses, but empty array in the payload.

Just in case, I did try in different browsers, cleared caches, another network, etc.

Other users with admin rights in my repositories experience the same behavior. Actually, they have been unable to add users for moths now due to a different bug, but at least that could be worked around.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Валерьевич May 23, 2019

Nevermind, I missed the memo on invite changes...

gigapede June 1, 2019

I'm still missing that memo: how did you solve this? I tried inviting new members with email addresses and it doesn't work for me.

Screen Shot 2019-06-01 at 7.52.10 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-06-01 at 9.58.42 AM.png

Ognjen_Kurtić June 2, 2019

Same here, i am getting 400 when trying to add a user and it disappears from the UI the moment i refresh the page.

2 votes
gigapede June 2, 2019

I dug deep into my "Profile" and found my "Settings" and then "Add Group" which let me establish the members of my team so that I could then add them to my repo. Note: Currently (June 2, 2019) I apparently had to add members to a team in my profile and they had to accept before I could add them in the settings of any projects.

Screen Shot 2019-06-02 at 2.52.29 PM.png

Ognjen_Kurtić June 3, 2019

Thanks Jason, this approach works.

Like gigapede likes this
gigapede June 3, 2019

Glad to help!

gigapede June 3, 2019

btw: Make sure to mark answers that work as "Accepted Answer" so that others can find it!

Erick Vanegas March 3, 2020

Save my life on March 2020. 
It is incredible how Jira didnt solve this yet. 

fletcher2014 June 22, 2021

This is still a problem on Android Chrome.

Since BitBucket changed the interface to add users.

The popup window dies not display properly on some Android phones 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events