Unable to activate two steps verification

Patricio Rossi April 28, 2023

When I tried to access the new repository I got assigned I get a message that say :

You've been temporarily blocked from this page

Enable two-step verification to get access to this private repository and all others that xxxx_devs owns.

So, I follow the link and the instructions and after everything is done, I clicked enable two steps verification , I got this message:

Two-step verification

You're almost ready to go!
Check your email to finish enabling two-step verification.

But I never got an email. I already checked the email address and junk filters.

PS: emails are working, I got the invitation email and when I created the account I got the welcome email, but never the two steps verification email.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Syahrul
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 30, 2023

G'day @Patricio Rossi

Based on my observations, it seems that we received a bounce-back message from your mail provider indicating that our email was blocked. This can occur when your email has a rule that blocks certain content, such as links.

However, I suggest you try enabling your two-step verification (2SV) again and see if we still encounter issues with your mail provider bouncing back our emails.

Cheers,
Syahrul

Patricio Rossi May 1, 2023

Hello Syahrul. after your suggestion I found that the email system have a crazy rule that was blocking that specific emails, but only that emails. weird,
After I remove that rule the emails now are arriving.
Thank you so much for lettering me know that the email are "bouncing" back, that was the key to find the issue.

Like Syahrul likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events