Unable to See Remote Branch Pushed to BitBucket

Tekinet September 5, 2021

We're using Visual Studio and BitBucket for code repository. I pushed a new branch to BitBucket. A developer in my team is not able to see the new branch in the dropdow to see remote branches so he can pull the code and start working on that branch. However, there's another developer that is able to see the remote branch.

The developer that is having the issue to see the remote branch from Visual Studio, created a new branch and pushed it to BitBucket.  I'm not able to see his branch from my Remote Branches dropdown.

It seems like there's an issue with his environment. Any recommendation on how to resolve this?   It's okay if he has to start with a new branch pulled from the master branch. 

Any suggestion is greatly appreciated. Please include the git commands so I can give it a try. Thank you.

1 answer

0 votes
Mark C
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 10, 2021

Hi @Tekinet

Welcome to the community.

There are few things I would suggest checking with the developer:

• Check if the developer is in the correct repository by running the command git remote -v
  • Check to see if the developer is able to see and get the updates from the remote repository by directly running the command git pull

Overall, I'd suggest using a command line to perform Git operations in comparison to the Visual Studio.
If the issue is only happening in Visual Studio, the developer can re-install or probably update its version.

Hope it helps and let me know how it goes.

Regards,
Mark C

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events