Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Resolve Merge Conflicts in Bitbucket

Priscilla_Devasahayam December 27, 2018

While merging my branch code with master, I was having merge conflicts and most of them got resolved but I'm unable to resolve merge conflicts on few files as I'm unable to accept the changes or stage them.

In Sourcetree, whenever I try to resolve the conflicts using 'theirs', I get the error - 'Cannot update one or more files, please check that no other application is locking your files' whereas, when I try to resolve conflicts using 'mine', it does not show this error and neither does it do anything and the merge conflict still remains. Not really sure as to why I'm not able to merge the files. Any suggestions/help would be appreciated. 

lock-001.PNG

Also, when I try to Merge or Sync from Bitbucket repository using Sync Now or Merge buttons, no action gets performed but I get the below mentioned error on console.  

lock-002.PNG

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 4, 2019

Hi Priscilla, 

That seems to be an issue with Git and not with Sourcetree itself. While Git tries to fix the commits by itself, this is not always possible, in some cases one of the developers will have to manually resolve the conflict. You can read more about that in the article Git merge conflicts.

Hope that helps!

Ana

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events