Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Refresh Remote in Sourcetree, to pull from Bitbucket

Angell McCoy January 17, 2019

After the New year, I suddenly can no longer refresh remote status. 

It asks me over and over to log in, but seems unable to connect. 

I've tried:

• upgrading to the new version.
  • adding an App password and inputting it into Sourcetree
  • checked the repository link multiple times, even comparing it with another teammate's settings
  • checked my username and the email on the account

I can log into Bitbucket, no problem. So I know the problem is in Sourcetree. 

When I use "Fetch", it just asks for the login over and over. Nothing I enter, neither the original pw nor the App pw work.

I get no error message during this process. It just doesn't work. 

I've gone around and around. No banana. I need help! 

Am I missing a setting? 

Thanks in advance!

Angel...

1 answer

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 18, 2019

Hi Angel,

Can you give us more information to help us troubleshoot this issue for you?:

1. Are you using Sourcetree for Windows or Mac? 
  2. Have you added your account as explained at Connect your Bitbucket account?
  3. If Windows, can you confirm you have the latest version of Internet Explorer? 
  4. Have you checked the logs? Is there any additional information there? (You can find them here).
  5. Have you tried other operations, such as push, for example? 

Let us know!

Ana

Angell McCoy January 18, 2019

Hi, Ana! Thanks for your help! 

1. Sourcetree for Windows

2. It was already added and Sourcetree seems to have retained it when I upgraded. It pulls in the repository, but doesn't connect to Bitbucket to get the latest pulls.

3. I use Chrome to get to Bitbucket. Is that the problem? I can make sure my Windows is up to date, but I don't understand what IE has to do with it? I'll check.

4. In addition to errors saying my login credentials are wrong (which they aren't), I've also gotten this error: 

ERROR [2018-12-05 13:58:51,916] [1] [SourceTree.Notifications.NotificationsManager] [PushFlagNotification] - Unable to push notification
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Xml.ReaderWriter, Version=4.1.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'System.Xml.ReaderWriter, Version=4.1.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Xml.ReaderWriter, Version=4.0.10.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'System.Xml.ReaderWriter, Version=4.0.10.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a'

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

at NotificationsExtensions.BaseElement.GetContent()
at SourceTree.Notifications.NotificationsManager.PushNativeNotification(IFlagNotification notification)
at SourceTree.Notifications.NotificationsManager.PushFlagNotification(IFlagNotification notification)

5. I have not tried push. I need to pull so I don't overwrite my coworkers' work before I can do that. I have tried "Fetch" and that gives me the same trouble. 

I can post the whole section from the logfile, if you like, but it's a lot of repetition as I tried get various things to work. 

Thanks again!!

Angel...

Angell McCoy January 25, 2019

ump!

Angell McCoy January 27, 2019

Bumping this... Can you help me, please? Now I have a second teammate also experiencing the same problem. We cannot connect Sourcetree to Bitbucket in any way. 

I created an app password, changed my regular password several times, and have even downloaded Sourcetree several times.

The problem persists.

Thanks!!

Angel...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events