Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Delete Project With Zombie Repo

Deleted user October 21, 2021

Hello! I have a fun problem. I am looking to clean-up an old project on BitBucket but keep getting an error when trying to delete it.

When trying to delete the project I receive: "You cannot delete this project because it still contains repositories. To delete the project you must first move or delete any repositories." And the "Delete" button is disabled.

The Project's repositories page does show a repo that I deleted months ago. When I click on the repo I receive the error page indicating "This repository has been deleted".

So, it appears that I am stuck and have had no success unstucking myself! My main concern is that the repo is indeed deleted (don't want code floating around) and the second problem is I can't seem to delete the project in the current state to wind down the account.

Any experience or ideas would be much appreciated!

Thanks.

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 22, 2021

Hi Chris,

I can delete the repo for you if you'd like. I can see in our system that there is a Bitbucket Cloud account with the same email as your community account. This account has access to some workspaces, and one of these workspaces owns a repo that is in 'Deleting' state. The repo name starts with 'dis', is this the repo to delete?

I would just like to get your confirmation first before I proceed with the deletion.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Deleted user October 22, 2021

Hi @Theodora Boudale ! Thank you so much for the help.

Confirmed, the one starting with "dis*" is the correct one to remove.

Thanks!

-Chris

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 22, 2021

Hi Chris,

You're very welcome and thank you for the confirmation.

I went ahead and removed this repo, so you should now be able to delete the workspace that used to own it.

Please feel free to let me know if you need anything further!

Kind regards,
Theodora

Like Deleted user likes this
Deleted user October 22, 2021

A million thanks @Theodora Boudale and @seanaty , all set now!

Like Theodora Boudale likes this
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
October 26, 2021

You are very welcome Chris, glad to have helped! Please feel free to reach out if you ever need anything else!

Kind regards,
Theodora

1 vote
Answer accepted
seanaty
Atlassian Team
October 21, 2021

It's probably best in this scenario to contact support and they can set you straight. I doubt there is anything you can do (that you haven't already tried) on your end.

You could potentially try deleting the repository via the API and see if that'll work. https://developer.atlassian.com/bitbucket/api/2/reference/resource/repositories/%7Bworkspace%7D/%7Brepo_slug%7D#delete

Deleted user October 21, 2021

Thanks @seanaty ! It does seem like a bug and the support route makes sense, however, I'm now remembering why I didn't go there immediately. This was a paid account, however, since the project sunset has moved over to the free version.

In trying the support flow it looks like I can only use it if paying. In my case, feels a little awkward given the circumstance ... not sure if there are alternate paths in cases like this?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events