Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two step verification stuck?

Jim McGowen November 14, 2022

I can not for the life of me figure out how to get past the bitbucket 2-step verification. I got a new phone and the verification app is no longer connected to my bitbucket account and I guess need a code within my bitbucket account to add it back, but I can’t log into bitbucket to get the code I need to login!!!

When I try to “Recover your account” I get an email saying I’m locked out for 24 hours and they will send an one-time log in link in 24 hours. Did this on Friday, clicked the on-time login link and it's expired. So now I have to do it again and wait another 24 hours!? and set my alarm so I can catch the next email before it expires?

What kind of convoluted crap is this? Is there another way to get bitbucket back into my google authenticator app?

1 answer

0 votes
Jim McGowen November 14, 2022

I got this sorted out. I found my recovery codes and used one to log in. Don't know what I would have done without the recovery code.

Once I was back in, I had to disable and re-enable two factor auth to get it back in my authenticator app.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events