Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to run android emulator in pipeline docker image but hardware acceleration required

Malcolm Cooke December 5, 2018

Setting up CI environment using pipeline, and want to run our integration tests using android emulator.

Our docker image is this : runmymind/docker-android-sdk:ubuntu-standalone which is a standard ubuntu install populated with android development environment

Have succesfully created android avd inside the docker image we are using, but when try to start the emulator get the following error reported:

emulator: ERROR: x86 emulation currently requires hardware acceleration!Please ensure KVM is properly installed and usable.CPU acceleration status: KVM requires a CPU that supports vmx or svm

My understanding is that I can try to install KVM in my docker ubuntu instance, but i think it is dependent on kvm capabilities being available on the docker host.

Can you please:

1 indicate that it is indeed possible to set up kvm inside my docker container on your platform and

2. give any guidance on how I can set up KVM inside my docker container in order to run an android emulator

Thanks

Malcolm Cooke

1 answer

0 votes
Patrick Syska March 1, 2019

Hi Malcom,

actually this is quite easy, since there is a Flag, which can be used to update the CPU settings within VMWARE.

Hope it helps.

cpu-virt-flag.png

Ingo Richter January 24, 2021

I think you cannot change the hardware settings on BitBucket Cloud. 

Or can somebody provide a link to this setting?

Satheesh Kumar November 9, 2021

Hi Ritcher, did you find any solution? Is there any other way to run android emulator without KVM acceleration?

Ingo Richter November 9, 2021

No, but I also did not further investigate since January.

Deleted user February 22, 2022

Hi Developers, Currently we are also facing the same issue, did anyone find any solution? Is there any other way to run android emulator without or with KVM acceleration?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events