Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to open commit, but getting "That page timed out while trying to load"

MadPeach
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 12, 2021

Made a successful push, but when i try to open it i get error message. Any ideas why it happens? I saw that it happened before https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Bitbucket-questions/That-page-timed-out-while-trying-to-load/qaq-p/692589 but no answer sadly

1 answer

0 votes
Mark C
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 22, 2021

Hi @MadPeach

Welcome to the community.

It could be the commit is large which is why it's causing the timeout.
Would it be possible for you to check that by running the Git command below?

git show --shortstat <Your commit hash here>

You can provide the file change, insertions, and deletions results.

10000 file changed, 10000 insertions(+), 4 deletions(-)

Thanks and let me know how it goes.

Regards,
Mark C

Anmol Bakshi
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 27, 2021

Hi @Mark C , I have a commit with 49000 files and its showing me the same error - '

That page timed out while trying to load' . 

The goal is to tag the commit. I am trying to take a full backup of all metadata and backup in Git post each release and then tag the same so we could do diffs going back in time as to what changed in which release. This is expected to grow with time. Any workarounds that you would recommend. 

Mark C
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 27, 2021

Hi @Anmol Bakshi

I'm afraid 49000 files are relatively large causing the diff page to timeout and throwing the error 500 page because it cannot load the whole diff for that commit.

We generally recommend breaking down large commits into smaller ones, as they won't be viewable in the UI.

I'm afraid this is a known issue in Bitbucket cloud and we do have an existing bug ticket for it that can be located through this link.
You can watch and click the "This affects my team" button so that you'll be notified of any updates from our team when the bug is fixed.

Right now, the best we can suggest is for you to break down your large commits into smaller ones so that they'll not hit an error 500 and be viewable in the UI.

Do let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Regards,
Mark C

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events