Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble importing Bitbucket Cloud repository to local Bitbucket Server error null-name

Christopher Ross July 5, 2019

I am trying to import a repository from Bitbucket Cloud to an on-prem Bitbucket server. But I get a dialog box that says "Error accessing remote repository", and I see the following in my logs.

"POST /rest/importer/latest/external-source/user HTTP/1.0" c.a.b.i.i.r.ExternalRepositoryResource Error making external request: Request to the external repository source failed with error: 'name: Please enter a non-null value'

1 answer

0 votes
Craig Castle-Mead
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 6, 2019

Hi @Christopher Ross 

We are having the same issue and have a support request open with premiere support. Their last response was “it appears that we're trying to validate the user information and Bitbucket Cloud is returning a NULL value. I'm going to escalate this to our development team to get some more hints on troubleshooting steps. I'll let you know when we have more information“

If/when we hear back with more I’ll uodate.

CCM

Craig Castle-Mead
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 6, 2019

By the way, you can use the plain git import option from the UI to pull in repos front bb cloud as well.

CCM

Christopher Ross July 15, 2019

I actually have been using the UI option so this is just an issue in general it seems. Thanks for your help @Craig Castle-Mead keep me posted! 

Christopher Ross July 15, 2019

Also @Craig Castle-Mead  has there been any update on this? My team is currently blocked on a few things because of this.

Craig Castle-Mead
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 15, 2019

Hey @Christopher Ross 

Sorry - forgot to get back to you

We upgraded our production environment from 6.2.0 to 6.4.0 on the weekend and have confirmed that the Bitbucket Cloud import is working again

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BSERV-11785 seems to be the underlying issue and it's marked as resolved in 6.2.3, 6.3.2, 6.4.0

CCM

Christopher Ross July 17, 2019

Hey @Craig Castle-Mead I tried again however recieved the same outcome see below

"POST /rest/importer/latest/external-source/user HTTP/1.0" c.a.b.i.i.r.ExternalRepositoryResource Error making external request: Request to the external repository source failed with error: 'name: Please enter a non-null value'

the work around in BSERV-11785 still seem to work

Craig Castle-Mead
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 18, 2019

Hi @Christopher Ross 

what version did you upgrade Bitbucket to on your side?

CCM

Christopher Ross July 19, 2019

Hey @Craig Castle-Mead  I have V6.2.0

Craig Castle-Mead
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 20, 2019

Hi @Christopher Ross 

Your Bitbucket environment will need to be upgraded to at least 6.2.3, 6.3.2 or 6.4.0 for the importer to start working again.

CCM

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events