Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble accepting a repository transfer

Paul Phillips August 13, 2021

Hi,
I have been trying to get a repository transferred from my own workspace at "bitbucket.org/<my-username>" to "bitbucket.org/<company-name>" (so effectively from a personal workspace to the company workspace, as that seems more appropriate).

Physically it seems to have worked absoluetly fine, and has been working OK at "bitbucket.org/<company-name>", but we are continually nagged that somebody needs to "accept" the transfer into "bitbucket.org/<company-name>".
The trouble is, I don't know who set this workspace up originally. Is there anyone who could "complete" this transfer for us, or let me know the name or email address
of the person who set it up? Obviously, I have anonymised <company-name> so I guess I would need to PM somebody with the full details.

Many thanks,  Paul

1 answer

0 votes
Caroline R
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 16, 2021

Hi, @Paul Phillips!

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

After you transfer a repository, Bitbucket will send an email to the new owner or workspace administrators containing the transfer request with a link to the page that allows the user to accept or reject the transfer. 

When transferring a repository to a shared workspace, the admins are the members of the groups that have admin access over this workspace. In order to confirm who these users are, you can follow the next steps:

• Open the workspace that you have transferred this repository to

• Go to Settings > User groups

• Check the groups that have Admin access and open them to see their members

With that said, I would like to confirm a few things to further investigate this case:

• I understand you have accepted the transfer of this repo, is that correct? 
  • You said that "Physically it seems to have worked absolutely fine, and has been working OK at” the new workspace, so are you able to work on this repository in the new workspace (the one you transferred this repo to)?

• When you mentioned you "are continually nagged that somebody needs to "accept" the transfer into 'XXX'", are you receiving new emails with this information? Or where exactly are you seeing this message?

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Caroline

Paul Phillips August 16, 2021

Hi @Caroline R

Many thanks for getting back to me. To answer your questions (my responses in italics):

Settings > User groups shows 3 people having Admin rights in that workspace, including me.

• I understand you have accepted the transfer of this repo, is that correct?  - no, this is why we keep getting nag messages appearing
  • are you able to work on this repository in the new workspace (the one you transferred this repo to) - absolutely, seems totally fine in this respect.
  • where exactly are you seeing this [nag] message? - I haven't seen any emails, the message appears in a light-blue dialog that slides into view from the top-right of the browser from time-to-time, while we are in the repository. So anywhere in bitbucket.org/<company-name>/<repository-name>. Next time it happens i will try and grab a screen print.

Many thanks, 

Paul

Caroline R
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 20, 2021

Hi, Paul, 

Thanks for getting back to me. In order to confirm that the repo was transferred to the new workspace or not, would you mind giving me the repository name with some "**"? For example: "media*****so**"

This way, I can check it on our system and better understand what is happening here. 

Thank you! 

Kind regards,
Caroline

Paul Phillips August 23, 2021

Hi Caroline, repositoryname is w***ng**a.

Thanks,   Paul

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
August 23, 2021

Hi Paul,

Please allow me to step in here as Caroline is out of office.

I have checked in our system all the workspaces that your Bitbucket Cloud account has access to. The repo you mentioned seems to be owned by the company workspace, and not by your personal one.

If you did not accept the transfer, I assume one of the other admins must have accepted it, otherwise, the repo would still be owned by your personal workspace.

I assume that the message you see, asking you to accept the transfer, is due to a glitch in our system.

If you open this repository on Bitbucket website, then select Repository settings, you will see the Repository details page. Is there any message at the top of this page regarding a repository transfer in progress? If so, could you attach a screenshot of that? I'd like to see if there's any message there with any links for canceling or accepting the transfer.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Paul Phillips August 23, 2021

Hi Theodora,

>> Is there any message at the top of this page regarding a repository transfer in progress?

Yes, there is. Redacted screenshot attached. Many thanks.

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
August 23, 2021

Hi Paul,

Thank you for your reply.

Just a heads up, I removed the screenshot for privacy reasons, as the workspace id was visible there.

Could you please select "Cancel transfer" on that page? I have found a report similar to yours from another user, and in that case selecting "Cancel transfer" solved the issue, without affecting repository ownership (since the repo was already transferred).

If by any chance the repo seems to be back to your personal workspace after you do that (you can check that from the repo url), you can initiate a new transfer. However, I believe that this will most likely not happen.

Please feel free to let me know how it goes.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Paul Phillips August 24, 2021

Hi Theodora,
I've done that, and it seems to have worked! The "Cancel" was successful but the repository seems to be in the right place, thank you!

Regards,  Paul

Like Theodora Boudale likes this
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
August 24, 2021

Hi Paul,

That's good to hear, thank you for the update and you are very welcome!

Please feel free to reach out if you ever need anything else.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events