To synchronize two Stash instances.

Hi,

regarding scenario: there are two stash instances don't have network connection between each other with the same projects/repos. People works with the both instances independently. If we set a network connection between instances what is the way to synchronize them (and switch one of them off to work only with single instance)?

3 answers

1 vote
Roger Barnes Atlassian Team Sep 21, 2015

Hi Pavel,

It would be good to understand what you're trying to do. Having 2 instances with the same content is not a supported configuration out of the box, and there's likely better ways to achieve your aim.

Why are they working with 2 Stash instances? Does the Stash instances have different data? I suggest you explore on using the "Stash Data Center" mode, we are using it and it's fairly easy to setup.

Hi,

the reason is that we were forced to make a copy (i.g. the same projects/repos) of our main instance in the another location, because unfortunately there are not any network connections between the main location and second location. So, employees will work with the both instances independently. And now we should get conception how to synchronize this instances in case network connections appear?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Piotr Plewa
Published Dec 27, 2017 in Bitbucket

Recipe: Deploying AWS Lambda functions with Bitbucket Pipelines

Bitbucket Pipelines helps me manage and automate a number of serverless deployments to AWS Lambda and this is how I do it. I'm building Node.js Lambda functions using node-lambda&nbsp...

716 views 0 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot