Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timeout on API request to create Pull Requests

Mike July 11, 2022

All of a sudden, all of our API-based requests to create Pull Requests are failing. When trying to make the request via Postman, I get a 504 Gateway Time-out. These integrations have been working fine for years. Is there a temporary issue on the Bitbucket side?

Request body:

{
"title": "Staging merge to Release Candidate",
"source": {
"branch": {
"name": "staging"
}
},
"destination": {
"branch": {
"name": "release-candidate"
}
}
}

Response:

<html>
<head>
<title>504 Gateway Time-out</title>
</head>
<body>
<center>
<h1>504 Gateway Time-out</h1>
</center>
</body>
</html>

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mike July 13, 2022

I've been made aware that a bug has been filed with the Bitbucket development team: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BCLOUD-22009

0 votes
Eli Lindahl
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 15, 2022

My team is seeing the same issue. We are using some script listeners through Jira's ScriptRunner to create PRs and we are seeing timeouts. Some appear to be making the request successfully though, while others are hung for 60s before timing out. 

0 votes
Rodrigo Prates
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 14, 2022

Same here. 

0 votes
Sascha Reinhold
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
July 12, 2022

I can confirm that, this is also the case for us. Bitbucket pull requests are unbearably slow and even have timeouts.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events