Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This user account cannot be matched to an Atlassian account.

Gribesh Dhakal July 30, 2020

In the commits tab of repositories which I am working whenever I hover to my name it says " This user account cannot be matched to an Atlassian account. "

2 answers

1 vote
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 3, 2020

Hi @Gribesh Dhakal, welcome to the Community!

It could be that your email address is not correctly mapped to your account, or that you're using a different address for some of the commits. To fix this it, make sure you're using the right email address in your git configuration. You can also set up an email alias by following the instructions in the article Set email aliases

Hope that helps! Let us know if you need any further assistance :) 

Best regards,

Ana

1 vote
Tyler T
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 3, 2020

Does your email address in your git config match the email of your Atlassian account?

You can check using the following command:

git config --global -list

In most cases you will have it configured globally, but you can check the local configuration as well.

git config --local -list
Josh.Salame January 17, 2023

-list is missing a dash. It should be --list.

Easier than doing: git config --local --list

you can instead do: git config user.email

to get just the local email address for the repository you're in. If not in a git repository directory, it should give you the global version.

Source: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/37805621/change-email-address-in-git 

Thanks!

Like Mike Howells likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events