Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This repository is over the 2.0 GB limit and your contributors are not able to push new commits.

Asim_riaz
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 13, 2020

We just now realized we can't push our changes anymore due to our repository going over 2GB size. So, therefore, I went in and deleted a bunch of unneeded files and also added more folders to the .gitignore. I removed more than 1GB of files, but it still doesn't let me push and says I have a 2GB repository. 

I tried using the command line and typed:

git reset --hard HEAD~1
git push --force

But it still doesn't let me. Can someone please help? Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 13, 2020

Removing files will not decrease the history of your repository, those files would still be in there. Here are the instructions to reduce the size of your repository, Reduce repository size. The short summary is that you need to undo the last push, then decide to move your large files out and use Git LFS, or clear out your repository history of those files that should not be in there. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events