Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

There was problem terminating git-upload-pack

Paul August 29, 2018

We have upgraded our Bitbucket server from version 4.14.3 to version 5.13.1 and are now seeing the following WARN message repeatedly.

WARN [ssh-scm-request-handler] SSH - git-upload-pack c.a.s.i.s.g.p.s.CachingSshUploadPack there was problem terminating git-upload-pack

Any ideas what this might be?

We are unable to reproduce this error doing manual clones. It looks like it might be limited to a few repositories where automated jobs are connecting to Bitbucket.

Paul.

3 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Caterina Curti
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 14, 2018

Hi @Paul,

Could you share the full stack trace here and the corresponding line from the access logs?

Another question from us. I see that you told us about "automated jobs", do you see this problem when the git request is performed by TeamCity?

You can get the lines from the access logs by searching for the "request id" from the application logs. More details on the request id and how it is presented in the logs are available on the How to read the Bitbucket Server Log Formats page.

Cheers,

Caterina

Caterina Curti
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 27, 2018

We later confirmed that this a bug and it has been resolved in the most recent versions of Bitbucket. 

See the bug report for details including the fix versions (listed in the Fix Version/s field).

1 vote
Answer accepted
Hua Soon SIM _Akeles_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 25, 2018

Found a bug at https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BSERV-11330.

The recommended solution is to upgrade the Bitbucket version

Caterina Curti
Atlassian Team
November 27, 2018

That's correct @Hua Soon SIM _Akeles_, thanks for following up on this.

The bug report lists the fix versions (in the Fix Version/s field).

Paul November 28, 2018

Hi Caterina,

Thank you for looking into this and fixing it, very grateful for your help

regards

Paul

0 votes
Paul September 5, 2018

It looks like this error is coming from client requests running an older version of Git (1.7.1)

This ultimately brings Bitbucket server down sometimes with database connection errors. The suspicion is that when this error occurs connections are not being released back to the pool

Paul September 13, 2018

I tried to reproduce the fault, winding back my git client to version 1.7.1 but was unable to reproduce the fault.

We are continuing to encounter the above problem. The only solution is to restart Bitbucket Server.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events