Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

There is no longer an 'SSH Keys' menu item in my workspace

mikefolsom April 27, 2023

I have always added SSH keys by going to Settings > Workspace Settings > SSH keys (under "Security" in the sidebar). But now this menu item is missing from my workspace. If I visit a different workspace it is there. What happened?

1 answer

0 votes
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 28, 2023

Hi @mikefolsom,

A user's personal workspace (the one created automatically by Bitbucket Cloud, that has by default the same id as the user's username) does not have an option to add SSH keys. This option is available only to workspaces created manually by a user.

Kind regards,
Theodora

mikefolsom April 29, 2023

Thanks for the clarification. I am 99% sure I have added ssh keys to my personal workspace in the past because I have dozens of projects currently deploying from there and I had to add keys for those. Should I move all of those repositories to another workspace? How do I manage keys for those existing repositories?

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 1, 2023

Hi Mike,

Did you perhaps add the keys to the SSH keys page of your account instead? (found here: https://bitbucket.org/account/settings/ssh-keys/ after you log in)

The SSH keys added to this page provide access to all the repositories your account has access to (regardless of workspace). If you require read-write access to the repos, this will also work.

In case you need read-only (and not write) access to repos, you could also use Access keys. You can add them either on the repository level (from Repository settings > Access keys) or on the project level (from the menu Projects > select a project > Projects settings > Access keys). The keys added to a specific project will provide read-only access to the repos of that specific project.

Do any of these options work for you?

Kind regards,
Theodora

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events