Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The database, as currently configured, is not accessible

Daniel Sentler January 7, 2019

After some updates we now get this message from bitbucket.

The database, as currently configured, is not accessible.
Fehler bei der Anmeldung f�r den Benutzer "jiradb,jdbc.password=xxxxxxx". ClientConnectionId:7122da01-f5b9-4a5a-9234-766604f3d62e

The user name looks wired to me :-) But i have no idea where this comes from. I've replaced the password by xxx. In the original message our db password was displayed. 

Jira and Confluence are working fine.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 7, 2019

It sounds like you might have a damaged configuration file - the text you are getting looks a bit wrong (especially as it appears to be pointing to a jira database instead of a bitbucket one).  Could you check what your config file looks like?   <bitbucket home>/shared/bitbucket.properties

Thanks for the hint. The database name seems to be correct. We use always jiradb as username.

Here the content of the file. Maybe you can see more than I do:

jdbc.driver=com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver
jdbc.url=jdbc:sqlserver://hqsql01:1433;databaseName=Bitbucket;
jdbc.user=jiradb;jdbc.password=xxxx

Like cristian_mbh likes this

We splitted the last line into 2 sperated ones.

And now it works!

Like # people like this
cristian_mbh March 3, 2020

Thank's Daniel, It work's for me too :)

0 votes
Ollie Baines December 4, 2019

I had a similar error to this. All I had to do was change the file so that it was incorrect and then change it back again. I assume the error was thrown because I upgraded PostgreSQL, making any change to bitbucket.properties seems to give it a nudge along.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events