Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Atlassian Universal Plugin Manager Plugin throws an error when I attempt to update it

admin admin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 16, 2020

Atlassian Universal Plugin Manager Plugin :

Installed version - 4.0.1

Available version - 4.0.11

When I press the 'Update' button the server appears to download the plugin, then throws an error alert; 'An error was encountered while updating the UPM. See the logs for more details.'

On review of the logs, the relevant event is below;

2020-01-16 09:35:00,733 ERROR [ThreadPoolAsyncTaskExecutor::Thread 65] o.e.g.b.e.i.d.s.DependencyWaiterApplicationContextExecutor Unable to create application context for [com.atlassian.upm.atlassian-universal-plugin-manager-selfupdate-plugin], unsatisfied dependencies: none
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionStoreException: Unexpected exception parsing XML document from URL [bundle://149.0:0/META-INF/spring/atlassian-plugins-component-imports.xml]; nested exception is java.lang.IllegalStateException: The bundle is uninstalled.

Does this specify the app is not installed, or perhaps one of its requisites?  Considering the app is in my inventory I find this error unintelligible.

3 answers

0 votes
admin admin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 11, 2020

I'm still looking for a solution on this.

0 votes
admin admin
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 6, 2020

Yea that is the bigger problem, as all my Bitbucket addons are disabled until I can restore the Atlassian UPM.

0 votes
Michael Aglas January 31, 2020

same problem on Jira 8.6.1 and UPM 4.0.8

but similar problem applies for other plugins, too

So I guess a bigger problem? I cannot activate or update plugins after switching to safe mode and back

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events