Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Test retrieve user : Failed

Babar Munir August 20, 2020

i am using v7.5, and when i test Active directory connection, it shows error:

Test basic connection : Succeeded

Test retrieve user : Failed User <test@test.com> does not exist

c.a.c.d.s.c.UsnChangedCacheRefresher Found [ 372 ] user GUIDs in cache, [ 372 ] user GUIDs in remote directory
 [Caesium-1-2] c.a.c.d.s.c.UsnChangedCacheRefresher scanned and compared [ 0 ] users to delete, [ 0 ] users to add, [ 0 ] users to update in DB cache in [ 94ms ]

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 20, 2020

I'd want to try testing with a user in your AD that exists.

user does exist in AD and how can you test ?

apologize i am newbie to bitbucket

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 20, 2020

There are two things this could be.

First, your connection from Bitbucket to AD is configured with some sort of filter which limits the accounts to a subset of people in the directory (for example in a multinational company with 100,000 people, you might want to do something like "only show us people in the UK organisation").  If you are using a filter like that, then it may be excluding the user you are testing with. 

The default setting for the filter is blank, which means "return everyone in AD".

Second, the user really does not exist.  Do you really have a test user with that name?  Are you using email addresses as user ids in AD?

Thanks we are a small company around 300 plus users and the specific user exists in AD and even i can see all the AD users in "User" section:

we are using <username>@domain as a user id not an email id.

my filters are as set by default:

user object filter = (&(objectCategory=Person)(sAMAccountName=*))

user name attribute: sAMAccountName

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 20, 2020

How are you doing the user test in bitbucket?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events