Switching between multiple mercurial repositories quickly

I'm working with multiple hg repositories I've setup on BitBucket. I know you can go into the hgrc file to modify the remote URL path to change between repositories (I work on the terminal), but it seems pretty inefficient to have to edit that file each time I want to push changes to a different repository. Is there another way to quickly specify which repository I want to push or pull changes to/from (other than writing a script to modify the hgrc file)? Thanks in advance.

1 answer

You can enter the URL to the repo you want to push to on the command line.  You can even give multiple repos aliases in the .hgrc file.  See the Mercurial documentation for the push/pull commands. (hg help push)

Awesome. Missed that somehow. Thanks!

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Piotr Plewa
Published Dec 27, 2017 in Bitbucket

Recipe: Deploying AWS Lambda functions with Bitbucket Pipelines

Bitbucket Pipelines helps me manage and automate a number of serverless deployments to AWS Lambda and this is how I do it. I'm building Node.js Lambda functions using node-lambda&nbsp...

648 views 0 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot