Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support for Atlassian ID pasword in basic auth will drop in March, how to use legacy REST API (1.0)?

Andrea Turri
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 14, 2021

According to this article, Atlassian is dropping basic authentication support with Atlassian ID password on BitBucket, but it will be possible only using app passwords: https://bitbucket.org/blog/deprecating-atlassian-account-password-for-bitbucket-api-and-git-activity 

I have configured an App password with read, write, admin privileges on repositories, however it is not possible to use APIs to grant permissions to user groups! Such APIs are described here https://support.atlassian.com/bitbucket-cloud/docs/group-privileges-endpoint/ and it seems that a counterpart on REST API "2.0" is not yet available. So, I'm forced to use this legacy versions of REST API. When I use such APIs with App password, I get a 403 error, saying "Your credentials lack one or more required privilege scopes". So, it's not clear what will happen on such legacy API "1.0". Will they still be available with Atlassian ID password? Or App passwords will be fixed? Or, worst scenario, such endpoints will no longer be available?

Thank you,

Andrea

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Norbert C
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 15, 2021

Hi Andrea,

Thank you for contacting Atlassian Community! I'm Norbert from Bitbucket Cloud Support, it's nice to meet you! 

I would like to inform you that the repository scope is not enough for the group privileges endpoint.

In case you wish to use this endpoint, can I ask you to include the "Account" scope to your app password as well? Once I included the Account permissions, I was able to use this endpoint.

Please let me know how it goes, Andrea

Best Regards,
Norbert
Atlassian Bitbucket Cloud Support

Andrea Turri
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 16, 2021

Hi Norbert,

Thank you for answering.

I confirm that app password works after including the "Account" scope. My problem is now solved!

Is there any documentation about scopes that are assignable to app passwords?

Thank you,

Andrea

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events