Subversion plugin, svn: E210004: Handshake failed error

Subversion plugin, svn: E210004: Handshake failed error

Before I upgraded Jira to version 5.2.3, I upgraded Subversion to version 0.10.11.1. Now only half of our repositories are able to connect correctly after the upgrade. The other half are getting the error: svn: E210004: Handshake failed, received: ''

In the error logs we are getting a rather large chunk of whitespace in the error logs.

I haven't been able to find anything relating to this error, other than errors associated with something called Team City, which we aren't using.

In the error file we are seeing:

2013-01-02 10:35:19,073 QuartzWorker-0 ERROR ServiceRunner Subversion Revision Indexing Service plugin.ext.subversion.SubversionManagerImpl Connection to Subversion repository svn://<server>/<repository> failed: org.tmatesoft.svn.core.SVNException: svn: E210004: Handshake failed, received: ' <large chunk="" of="" spaces="">'

Thanks for your help!

2 answers

0 vote

May I know which URL that you access to repository? Is that the valid URL repo?

both of the repositories that work and those that don't work are configured the same way.

the repository root is svn://<server>/<repository> then the Changeset Format is http://<server>/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi?root=<repository>&view=rev&rev=${rev}. The rest of the File * Format url's follow after the changeset format url. The thing that is really wierd is that i have 9 repositories set up like this and 5 of them are failing and 4 of them are just fine.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Piotr Plewa
Published Dec 27, 2017 in Bitbucket

Recipe: Deploying AWS Lambda functions with Bitbucket Pipelines

Bitbucket Pipelines helps me manage and automate a number of serverless deployments to AWS Lambda and this is how I do it. I'm building Node.js Lambda functions using node-lambda&nbsp...

706 views 0 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot