Subtree push

Chad Lazette March 8, 2016

I am using SourceTree. I have created a local repository and configured a remote for a specific customer. I also have a remote repo that I want to use as a subtree for core functionality. For the customer repo, I have performed an initial commit of the customer's specific files. I then used the Add/Link subtree option to create the subtree. The relative path is . as I want the subtree repo's files in the root of the customer's repo. I then pull from the subtree and that works fine. I can also push to the customer's remote. Everything seems to be working until I modify a subtree file and try to push that to the subtree remote repo. I can push to the customer's repo but I want to be able to push changes to the subtree as well so that those changes can be propagated to other customers if we so choose. When I attempt to push to the subtree remote, I receive the following error(s) even though I know definitively that a core subtree file has changed:

1/ 5 (0)assertion failed: [ custom = . ]

2/ 5 (1)assertion failed: [ .gitignore = . ]

3/ 5 (2)assertion failed: [ .gitignore = . ]

4/ 5 (3)assertion failed: [ .gitignore = . ]

5/ 5 (4)assertion failed: [ .gitignore = . ]

No new revisions were found

Completed with errors, see above.

What am I doing incorrectly?

1 answer

0 votes
Chad Lazette March 9, 2016

This appears to be related to setting the subtree prefix to . in order to use the root directory. If I set the prefix to a sub-directly, e.g. core, everything appears to work fine and I can push to the subtree's remote repo. Is this expected behavior?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events