Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuck: Bitbucket Clone Repository in VSCode Dev Container because terminal doesn't take 'yes' input

exciteresearch
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 25, 2024

Screenshot 2024-05-23 014611.png
"Log" Terminal is locked for input so I cannot enter 'yes' to clone repository into the devcontainer build. This causes the build to fail. 

Does anyone have a solution?

Windows 11, WSL2, VSCode devcontainers.

1 answer

1 vote
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 27, 2024

Hi @exciteresearch and welcome to the community!

Looking at the screenshot you shared, it looks like the git clone command runs in a container. Before the git clone command runs, the known_hosts file from

C:\Users\<your_user>\.ssh\known_hosts

gets copied in the container to

root/.ssh/known_hosts

The issue may be resolved if you simply save Bitbucket's host keys in the file C:\Users\<your_user>\.ssh\known_hosts on the computer where this is running.

You can find Bitbucket's host keys here:

You can copy the content on that page and paste it into C:\Users\<your_user>\.ssh\known_hosts, save the file and then perform whatever action you performed when you got this error.

Regarding VS Code's terminal not accepting input, this may be a limitation of VS Code. You will need to reach out to the product's support team to find out. However, ensuring that Bitbucket's host keys are in C:\Users\<your_user>\.ssh\known_hosts (so that they get copied into the container) will most likely solve the issue.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events