Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stenciljs error end to end test

Pawan Singh April 18, 2023

MicrosoftTeams-image (13).png

When I ran end to end unit test for stencil.js I got this error in bitbucket pipeline. Local it's working properly. Tried multiple way to fix but not able to resolve. please help.

1 answer

0 votes
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 19, 2023

Hi @Pawan Singh and welcome to the community.

Just to give you some context, Pipelines builds run in Docker containers. For every step of your build, a Docker container starts (the build container) using the image you have specified in your bitbucket-pipelines.yml file. If you use a service for a step, then a second Docker container will start for the service which will share a network adapter with your build container. The repo is cloned in the build container, and then the commands of the step's script are executed. When the step finishes these Docker containers get destroyed.

The Docker container where the build is running is a different environment than your local one. You also have a different environment if you use a different Docker image in your bitbucket-pipelines.yml file, as different images have different tools installed.

We have a guide for debugging pipelines builds locally with Docker:

I would suggest following this guide to debug your build locally and see if the issue is reproducible. When debugging locally, please make sure that you use the same Docker images as in your bitbucket-pipelines.yml file instead of the ones mentioned in the guide.

If the issue is reproducible locally, then the error is not specific to Pipelines (it may be related to the Docker image of the build container or your source code). When debugging locally, you can also run additional commands to troubleshoot this further. You could also try debugging it locally with different Docker images.

If you have any questions, please feel free to let me know.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events