Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stash push problems

Jeff Strike August 19, 2015

I just started using Stash, I setup a project and a repository and gave myself admin access to the repository.  I'm trying to move code from a newly created repository on my workstation to the stash server.  From my workstation I run the following commands:

git remote add origin http://username@stashurl.mydomain.com:7990/scm/apps/reponame.git
git push -u origin

To which I get: 

fatal: unable to access <url above> : The requested URL returned error: 403.

If I manually copy the repository to the server stash is running on and execute the exact same commands as above I get prompted for my password and it works just fine.

The port (7990) is open on the stash server, I can telnet into it.

Any ideas?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jeff Strike August 20, 2015

I ran wireshark last night and recreated the error.  I discovered the proxy server was rejecting the git traffic based on a list from Blue Coat that had categorized the URL as unwanted.  The URL that Git showed me in the error message was the repo URL ending in .git, but the url it actually sent across the network had /info/refs?service=git-upload-pack on the end.  That's probably what triggered the rejection since the site is on our intranet and the url of the repo works fine in a browser.  I should be able to get around it by implementing SSH since I'm not sure how long it'll take them to change the rules to allow the git traffic over our internal network.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Update:

I was able to get around the problem by using SSH.

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 20, 2015

Good to know :)

0 votes
Rahul Mishra August 19, 2015

Try setting the stash password as well while making the push

a better way would be to set it in git config at a user level 

Same error.

Rahul Mishra August 19, 2015

Can you type the exact command with the password?

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 19, 2015

Look at this KB that might be able to help you https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/STASHKB/Can't+clone+or+pull+due+to+a+git+outbound+proxy. It hints something about being unable to access the URL so this might be your problem.

No luck, I was hoping that was it because I had to set the proxy in the service startup options so Stash could see the marketplace. I tried setting them in git but that didn't work so I unset them, added the environment variables, restarted the shell and still no luck.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events