Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stash only supported on Linux for Enterprise deployments

benwag May 15, 2013

Based on the following statement from https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/STASH/Using+Stash+in+the+enterprise:

"Although Stash can be run on Windows, Linux and Mac systems, for enterprise use we only recommend, and support, Linux. This recommendation is based on our own testing and experience with using Stash."

could somebody qualify what distinction Atlassian makes between "production" and "enterprise", and what the implications of deploying on an unsupported OS are? I am currently unclear as to why a product would be made available for installation on platforms which are not supported by the vendor, so I would infer that "enterprise" has some specific connotations with regard to scalability or availability requirements?

Aside from the general performance/stability observations in favour of Linux that are made in the above KB article, what practical/hard limitations would a Windows deployment incur from a functional and scalability perspective?

To provide some context for my situation, if I were to consider adopting Stash it would be alongside an existing Jira installation, initially for a team of around 5 people, in a Windows-only environment. Obviously, it would be a limiting factor if we were unsure as to whether we may become unsuppported as our environment/team grows, or if the Windows version provides substantially reduced functionality.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
LucasA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 15, 2013

Hi Ben,

I believe that this consideration is being tied to Atlassian Support Offerings : https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/Support/Atlassian+Support+Offerings

So Enterprise customers (who pays for this support tier), will be supported only on Linux environments.

Cheers,

Lucas

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events