I'm using GitFlow with Stash, and I'm having problems. To reproduce:
1) Create a new repository. It will have one branch - master. Make initial commit to master.
2) Create develop branch from master by selecting "Create new branch from here". Make two commits to develop branch.
3) Create release branch from develop. Make one commit to release branch.
4) Create pull request release -> master. Merge.
At this point, branch diagram looks like this:
This is the first problem - shouldn't the lines be connected at the top: release/1 -> master?
5) Create pull request release -> develop. Merge.
6) Delete release branch.
7) Create hotfix branch from master. Make a commit to hotfix branch.
At this point , branch diagram looks like this:
Now second problem: if I compare hotfix branch to develop, diff shows not only the additional changes since commit 9bf8f5ff8f9, but everything since the initial commit when the lines in the diagram had a shared point f5df930aef2.
Third and the most severe problem: if I create a pull request hotfix -> develop, I get conflicts for every change that was made in the hotfix branch.
I presume this is not how Stash is supposed to behave? Can anyone tell me how to solve this?
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.Save your spot