Stash config file missing

Hi ,

I just installed Stash 2.9.3 and I cannot locate the stash-config.properties file anywhere on the server.

It's installed on a Windows 2012 box and running as a service using a local account.

The reason I am trying to locate the file is because I am unable to get Stash connected to a MS SQL database. It keeps on saying "The configuration entered is not valid..." although I have confirmed the details are correct using a .udl file. So I was going to manually enter it in the file. At the moment it's running on an INTERNAL database.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

4 answers

1 accepted

0 vote

Hi Milan,

The stash-config.properties file isn't created until it is needed, but you can manually create it if you need. Just put it in STASH_HOME/stash-config.properties.

Here's sample content from a mysql connection:

jdbc.driver=com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
jdbc.url=jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/mysql_stash?autoReconnect=true&characterEncoding=utf8&useUnicode=true&sessionVariables=storage_engine%3DInnoDB
jdbc.user=stash
jdbc.password=stash

Cheers,

Michael

Hi Michael,

That worked, I was able to get it connected to the database by entering the details in the config file.

Thanks for your help.

Milan

How to get the .udl file?

Any advise?

Create a blank text file and just rename it to test.udl

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Piotr Plewa
Published Dec 27, 2017 in Bitbucket

Recipe: Deploying AWS Lambda functions with Bitbucket Pipelines

Bitbucket Pipelines helps me manage and automate a number of serverless deployments to AWS Lambda and this is how I do it. I'm building Node.js Lambda functions using node-lambda&nbsp...

1,764 views 1 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you