Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stash backup and restore

mike brosnan July 8, 2014

We are using the backup client to back up the File system and the Oracle database.

When I want to restore I will be using another server, do I also have to set up another Oracle schema user, or can I restore to a local database?

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

answered

0 votes

Thanks, that's what I was looking for, I'll test that out.

0 votes
Michael Heemskerk
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 8, 2014

Mike,

Please have a look at the Stash backup client documentation at https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/STASH/Using+the+Stash+Backup+Client. It contains screenshots and examples of how to do backups and restores.

Cheers,

Michael

Is there an example where the JDBC connection is to the builtin database on the restore server, i.e. The Stash built-in database, which runs HSQLDB,

Michael Heemskerk
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 8, 2014

you'd have to set

jdbc.driver=org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver

jdbc.url=jdbc:hsqldb:${stash.home}/data/db;shutdown=true;hsqldb.tx=mvlocks

jdbc.user=SA

jdbc.password=

But please note that this will restore the database to HSQLDB, which is an in-memory database. If you have a lot of data, you may need to increase the memory settings for Stash.

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 8, 2014

You can do either.

Is this with the override settings? How do specify a local DB on the restore server?

##################################

# Restore properties

##################################

# Optional. Enables overriding JDBC settings during the restore so that the restore can target a different database to

# the one that was backed up. Even if the other JDBC properties are defined, if this property is not set to true the

# JDBC settings will be ignored. If this is set to true then ALL of the following JDBC properties must be supplied.

#jdbc.override=true

# Optional. Ignored if jdbc.override is not set to true. Overrides the JDBC driver to use during restore.

#jdbc.driver=

# Optional. Ignored if jdbc.override is not set to true. Overrides the JDBC URL to use during restore.

#jdbc.url=

# Optional. Ignored if jdbc.override is not set to true. Overrides the JDBC user to use during restore.

#jdbc.user=

# Optional. Ignored if jdbc.override is not set to true. Overrides the JDBC password to use during restore.

#jdbc.password=

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events